Last Updated: 7/6/2020 11:06 PM



  1. What is ROP?
    ROP stands for Regional Occupational Program. There are 74 Regional Occupational Centers and Programs in the state of California that provide career technical education. ROP courses are designed for high school students and adults to provide quality career technical education and hands-on experience.

  2. What is a JPA?
    JPA stands for Joint Powers Agreement. It is a partnership or collaboration between similar agencies across separate local or state governments. Baldy View ROP operates pursuant to a Joint Powers Agreement between the Chaffey Joint Union High School, Chino Valley Unified, Claremont Unified, and Upland Unified School Districts to serve residents of these four districts by providing entry-level career preparation.

  3. What is CTE?
    CTE stands for Career Technical Education. CTE provides students with academic and technical skills, knowledge and training to be successful and employable. CTE programs are often provided by regional structures to serve students throughout multiple school districts and adults looking to gain hands-on training.

  4. What is WASC?
    WASC stands for Western Association of Schools and Colleges. WASC is one of six official academic bodies responsible for the accreditation of public and private universities, colleges, secondary and elementary schools. Baldy View ROP is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.

  5. What is COE? 
    COE stands for the Council on Occupational Education. COE accredits post-secondary occupational institutions that offer certificate, diploma, or applied associate degree programs. Baldy View ROP is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education.

  6. Is Baldy View ROP a school district?
    Baldy View ROP is not a school district. We are a K-12 public school agency also known as a Local Education Agency providing career technical education.

  7. How is Baldy View ROP funded? 
    BVROP is funded by our member districts, as a service provider supporting their local control 
    accountability plans (LCAPs).

  8. What is articulation? 
    An articulated course is one in which a determination has been made that a course offered at the secondary level is comparable to a specific community college course.

  9. What is a Community Classroom?
    Community Classroom courses offer unpaid internship training for students and are designed to enhance regular course instruction. Community Classroom provides students an opportunity to develop occupational competencies and serves as a gateway to obtaining future employment. Students gain knowledge in their chosen field and are able to explore their career interests. Courses with this component are indicated on the high school course schedule at www.baldyviewrop.com/content/hsschedule

  10. Where do you offer courses?
    Courses are offered at our Career Training Center located in Ontario as well as the San Antonio Regional Occupational Program. Courses are also held at 19 of our 20 partnering high schools listed below:
    • Alta Loma High School
    • Ayala High School
    • Boys Republic
    • Buena Vista High School
    • Chaffey High School
    • Chino High School
    • Chino Hills High School
    • Claremont High School
    • Colony High School
    • Don Lugo High School
    • Etiwanda High School
    • Hillside High School
    • Los Osos High School
    • Montclair High School
    • Ontario High School
    • Rancho Cucamonga High School
    • San Antonio High School
    • Upland High School
    • Valley View High School
  11. Is Baldy View ROP a nonprofit? 
    Baldy View ROP is not a nonprofit. However, we do have a Foundation that is a tax-exempt 501 c(3)organization.

  12. What is the BVROP Foundation? 
    The Baldy View ROP Foundation is a tax-exempt 501 c(3) organization dedicated to supporting students served by Baldy View Regional Occupational Program. The Baldy View ROP Foundation raises money all year to offer scholarships to high school and adult students. They also offer loans to adult students. The Foundation also offers mini-grant opportunities for current instructors with Baldy View ROP.

  13. As an employer, how do I share work opportunities?
    Complete a work-based learning form here or contact the Director of Development of Public Relations at 909.947.3400.

  14. How do I find my career technician? 
    You can locate your career technician at your high school career center. You can also find contact information for your career technician on our website www.baldyviewrop.com/content/career-technicians.

  15. How do I register for a course?
    High school students can register with their school career technician, online at www.baldyviewrop.com/content/how-do-i-register or by calling 909.947.3400. Adult students can register by visiting the Career Training Center in Ontario or get information online at www.baldyviewrop.com/adultregistration.

  16. How do I register for a course during the summer?
    Students can register for courses by calling 909.947.3400 or online at www.baldyviewrop.com/content/onlinecourserequest.

  17. How many courses can I take?
    Students can enroll in multiple courses as long as the course schedules do not conflict. Students cannot repeat courses.

  18. How do I earn a certificate? 
    Students who complete a course will receive a certificate of completion. 

  19. What certifications are offered?
    Various courses offer industry certification an/or prepares the student to complete required assessments. Certifications include: Comptia, American Heart Association— Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED, Cosmetology License, American Heart Association– BLS Provider Heartsaver First Aid, California Food Handlers Permit, California Food Handlers, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 608, Registered Dental Permit.

  20. What type of financial assistance do you offer?
    Financial Aid and student loans are available for adult students. Students can apply through FASFA. Click here for additional information.

  21. How old do I have to be to enroll in a course?
    Some courses have an age requirement. Courses which have requirements and/or prerequisites can be found at the conclusion of each course description in the course schedule.

  22. How do I stay connected with BVROP?
    Stay connected through our social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Snapchat. You can also subscribe to our newsletter at www.baldyviewrop.com/content/newsletters. Once you complete an ROP course, you can join the alumni association at baldyviewrop.com/content/alumni-association.

  23. Why should I take ROP?
    Students consider taking ROP courses to:
    1. Knowledge and training that meet the current employment, business, and industry demands
    2. Gain hands-on experience 
    3. Obtain possible scholarship opportunities 
    4. Explore various careers 
    5. Meets college and University of California requirements
    6. Get ahead by starting a career pathway 
    7. Obtain valuable skills 
    8. Prepare for a specific career
    9. Be employable 
    10. Connect with like-minded students
    11. Enhance to college and employment applications 
    12. Boost their resume 
    13. Develop soft skills
    14. Develop technical skills
    15. Earn grades and credits towards high school graduation

  24. Can I take courses offered at other schools for free?
    Courses are free for high school students at any highs schools within the Chaffey Joint Unified School District, Chino, Claremont and Upland Unified School Districts.

  25. Can I enroll in an ROP course if I attended a school outside of your district such as a charter/private school or if I am home schooled?
    Please contact a Baldy View ROP Coordinator at 909.947.3400
  26. What is the cost for out-of-district students?
    Fee for out-of-district students is based on credits. Five (5) credits $670; 10 credits $1,340; 15 credits $2,010; 20 credits $2,680
    ; 50 credits $6,350. Please contact a Coordinator at 909-980-6490 for additional information.
  27. What does UC a-g mean?
    University of California and California State University require entering freshman to complete credits in certain subject areas prior to admission https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/. The courses are called a-g based on the letter that is assigned to a specific subject area.

  28. Do ROP courses provide college credit?
    Several courses have articulation agreements with our neighboring community colleges. Most courses require a score of at least 80% on the final and/or articulation exam, a final course grade of “B” or higher, and enrollment with the community college upon high school graduation. Please consult with the teacher for specific steps and grading criteria.

  29. Can ROP prepare me for the workplace?
    ROP prepares students for the workplace by providing hands-on experience in career technical education courses. All courses contain a career readiness module that includes, communication, soft skills, customer service, work ethic, and critical thinking.

  30. Are ROP instructors credentialed?
    Instructors must hold a valid credential from the California Teacher Commission Credentialing and have work experience in the field they teach. 

  31. What courses are at my school?
    For a list of courses available at your school, please review the high school course schedule at www.baldyviewrop.com/content/hsschedule and the adult course schedule at www.baldyviewrop.com/content/adult-course-schedule.

  32. How can I support BVROP?
    Monetary and/or equipment donations can be made online at www.baldyviewrop.com/donate. You can also complete a work-based learning form online to offer work-based learning opportunities. Volunteer opportunities may also be available.

  33. How long are courses?
    High School Students: Please check the course schedule for specific information at www.baldyviewrop.com/content/hsschedule. 

    Adult Students: Please check the course schedule for specific information at www.baldyviewrop.com/content/adult-course-schedule.