3/12/20:Baldy View ROP Information:
Potential Effects on Our Community and Schools
The County continues to be designated as a “low risk” COVID-19 region. We know that this status could change
rapidly. Thus, Baldy View ROP (BVROP) has the following measures in place:
• BVROP will continue to work closely with Federal, State and County health officials to monitor
and prepare for COVID-19 to make informed decisions regarding our schools and our communities.
• BVROP is committed to keep staff and stakeholders informed of our efforts to protect the
health and safety of our students and staff members by:
o Communication with email notifications of updated information from Federal, State, & County
- Washing hands
- Providing hand sanitizers in classrooms, offices, and itinerant instructors.
o Staff and students have been informed to stay home if displaying respiratory symptoms.
o The custodial vendor, Jani-King, and our Warehouse Maintenance Clerk Operator have enacted extra
sanitation and disinfectant procedures daily using the latest products available. An extra deep
cleaning has been authorized for the weekends.
• BVROP will continue to make sure we have systems and protocols in place, if a school closure
is declared. In the event of a school closure and/or Career Training Center (CTC) closure, BVROP information will be posted on our website, through our Twitter account, and all other social media that we use. In addition, we will provide verbal communication via telephone as needed. We will continue to communicate updates with our District Representative Council and our Community Classroom affiliates.
• BVROP is developing a proactive plan to continue instruction as a precautionary measure in the
event we are asked to close CTC or any of our JPA schools.
• BVROP instructors will discuss their communication plans regarding instructional expectations
and how they might communicate from home if it were to become necessary. Instructors will ask
students to complete information cards to get their most accurate, up-to-date contact information
and to identify what technology, if any, they have in place at home. They will also provide
students with information about how they will communicate class assignments and expectations in the
event of an unforeseen school closure.
• We are identifying how we will expand instructor usage of the Google Classroom through BVROP’s
Google G Suite Education.
• BVROP will be collaborating with the District Representative Council to review the district pandemic response plan in place to influence BVROP’s plan.
BVROP is being proactive to protect the health and safety of our staff and students. Together, we
will continue to keep our school facilities, students, and staff healthy and safe.
Resources from the United States Department of Education can be accessed at the following web link: https://www.ed.gov/coronavirus
Other Resources, along with their web links, are listed below:
Los Angeles County DPH Coronavirus website: http://www.ph.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
San Bernardino County PHS website: http://wp.sbcounty.gov/dph/coronavirus/
California Department of Public Health Website: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019.aspx
CDC Coronavirus main website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
World Health Organization Website: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus